You are invited to celebrate with Clay & Heidi
There are three airports that service the New York City area: John F. Kennedy (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA), and Newark (EWR).
JFK and LGA are the best airports to fly into if you are planning on staying in Brooklyn, which is the location of our venue. If you intend to stay in Manhattan, EWR is a viable option as well. It is possible to fly into EWR even if you are staying in Brooklyn, but please note it could take up to an hour by car (depending on traffic) and over an hour and a half by public transportation to reach Brooklyn, and this will vary depending on where you are staying.
Generally, we recommend taking an Uber from the airport. For those of you who are more experienced with public transportation, you may be up for the adventure of taking the subway. Please note that no matter what airport you fly into, you will likely have to make transfers to reach your destination if you take public transportation.
Here are some example routes if you are staying generically in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (the location of our venue):
The location of the venue is 139 Powers St, Brooklyn, NY. If you’d like to stay close to the venue, look for accommodation in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The neighborhoods of Greenpoint and Bushwick (where we live), both in Brooklyn, are also good options. If you would prefer to stay in Manhattan, you will need to travel a bit to reach the venue. Since both Manhattan and Brooklyn are very large, your commute time will vary depending on where you are staying and whether or not you decide to take public transportation.
If you would prefer to stay in a hotel, the following options are all located within Williamsburg, Brooklyn:
Brooklyn is a huge place — so if you decide to stay somewhere other than where we have suggested and you are unfamiliar with New York, please reach out to us before booking if you have questions and we can help you decide if it is a good place to stay.
There isn’t one - though we would like to ask you to dress colorfully if you have it in your wardrobe.
Please note that for those who are able, we will be asking you to sit on the floor during the ceremony (there will be floor pillows), so please consider that when choosing your attire. We will also have chairs provided for those who need them.
Wednesday, September 28
- Optional Bar Trivia hosted by Heidi
- 8:30pm-11pm (though we recommend getting there earlier to get a good seat)
- Pine Box Rock Shop
Friday, September 30
- Optional Hapy Hour
- 3-7pm (drop in as you like)
- Backyard space at Mika Bushwick
Saturday, October 1
- The Big Day
- After party & karaoke
- Pine Box Rock Shop
- Optional bagel breakfast
- 11am-2pm (drop in as you like)
- Heidi & Clay’s apartment, 1338 Willoughby Ave #3A, Brooklyn, NY
Food & Fun
As we live in Brooklyn, most of our best recommendations are here! These are our personal recommendations for Brooklyn.
- La Cantine – our absolute favorite spot for breakfast or lunch, fun fact Clay, Heidi, and our friends Liz & Chris were their first customers the day they opened!
- Starr Coffee – great spot to grab coffee & a bagel
- Nook – cozy spot, coffee shop by day and bar by night
- Pine Box – our most favorite bar! Heidi hosts trivia here and our afterparty will be held here
- Heavy Woods – another favorite bar, try the crawfish mac & cheese
- Abe's Pagoda – tiki bar maximalism at its finest!
- Gordo's Cantina – amazing Mexican food, Heidi recommends the raja con queso quesadilla and Clay recommends the birria
- Faro – if you're looking for fancy and delicious pasta this is the spot
- Bunna Cafe – amazing Ethiopian food
- Queen – one of our favorite lunch spots offering mediterranean dishes
- Syndicated – great spot if you're looking for something in the evening, they have a movie theater indoors and also play movies outside for free. Bonus you can order food and drink from your seat
- Roberta's – famous Bushwick pizza
- Rosie Pizza Bar – not as famous pizza, but our preferred spot
- Desi Grill – our favorite Indian spot
- Za-ya – Japanese spot with the best veggie ramen Heidi has ever had
- KCBC – brewery with excellent IPAs and board games
- Brooklyn Vintage Company – Heidi's favorite vintage spot for home goods
- Finn Vintage – Heidi's favorite vintage spot for clothes
- Friends NYC – super cute gift shop
- Champs Diner – totally vegan spot offering things like cheesesteaks and epic milkshakes
- Baby's All Right – great music venue
- St. Mazie Bar & Supper Club – the bar where Clay and Heidi first met!
- Grimm Artisanal Ales – fun brewery, see if you can spot the kitty that works there!
- Full Circle Bar – skeeball bar, lots of fun
- Alligator Lounge – a New York classic, go for the free personal pizza with every drink
- Nitehawk – grab dinner and see a movie
- Jackbar – a perfectly imperfect dive bar with pinball machines
- Black Brick Coffee – great spot to grab coffee or a pastry
- Vanessa's Dumpling House – cheap, quick, and delicious dumplings
- Oddfellows – ice cream!
- Van Leeuwen – more ice cream!
- Mister Dipps (closed now but reopening soon) – over-the-top ice cream!
- The Gutter – a bar and bowling alley that is one of our favorite spots
- Cafe Mogador – delicious Moroccan food
- Kiki's – amazing Greek food, no reservations and can be a busy spot
- Haswell Green's – dueling piano bar near Times Square
- Strand Book Store – A New York institution. Worth visiting if you're a book lover
- Comedy Cellar – this is where all the big names start out (and sometimes return to!)
- Morgenstern's – ICE CREAM!
- Cha Cha Matcha – very cute & trendy matcha spot
- Supermoon Bakehouse – wow super sweet and unusual treats!
- Tenement Museum – learn how people lived between the 1860s and the 1980s in NYC
- McSorley's – Cash only, only two beer offerings (light and dark), classic New York experience
- Washington Square Park – lovely park that serves as the campus for NYU, where Heidi attended grad school
- Christopher Street Tours – learn about the history of LGBTQ activists in NYC during this walking tour